Black Bean & Kale Burritos
Inspiration at your fingertips
- 1 package Maria & Ricardo’s 10” White Flour Tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, diced about 3/8”
- 1 15 oz. can organic black beans
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 16 oz. jar salsa, medium chunky red salsa
- 1 16 oz. package fresh kale, steamed until tender (keep warm)
- 3 fresh avocados, peeled and sliced
- Prepare beans and rice: Heat vegetable oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Sprinkle in cumin to slightly toast and add onions and sauté until slightly browned, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add black beans and mix thoroughly with onion mixture.
- Remove from heat and mix in cooked rice. Set aside.
- To assemble: Warm tortillas in a pan or griddle at medium high heat and place on dish.
- Spoon one cup of rice and bean mixture onto center of each tortilla.
- Add two tablespoons of salsa to each tortilla and top with about one cup of steamed kale.
- Fold burrito style (instructions are on the tortilla bag!) and serve with one half sliced avocado and remaining salsa on the side.
Plan your meals with Maria & Ricardo's