Black Bean & Poblano Chicken Tostadas
Inspiration at your fingertips
- 4 Tbsp dried crushed poblano
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 28.9oz refried black beans
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (8.9 oz) package of Maria & Ricardo’s Sweet Potato Tortillas
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2/3 cup fresh grilled or canned corn
- 2/3 cup crumbled Queso fresco
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley or cilantro (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- For spice mix use a bowl, mix together poblano, garlic salt, onion powder, cumin, cacao powder, oregano and cinnamon.
- Brush chicken with melted butter. Coat in spice mixture. Heat a skillet over medium heat, melt coconut oil. Brown chicken in skillet on both sides, cook until internal temperature is 165. Once cooked, transfer to a cutting board and allow to cool 5 minutes, then slice into thin strips.
- In a small pot, heat black beans, lime juice and garlic together until hot.
- Brush Maria & Ricardo’s Sweet Potato Tortillas with olive oil. Bake directly on rack for 2 minutes, then flip and cook 2-3 minutes more, until tortillas are crisp.
- Top with black beans, sliced chicken, tomatoes, onions, corn, Queso fresco and garnish.
Plan your meals with Maria & Ricardo's