3 (2 each)
Butternut Hash Breakfast Taco
Inspiration at your fingertips
- 1 package Maria & Ricardo’s Sprouted Grains Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces ½” diced butternut squash, blanched
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sage, ground
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs
- 6 oz. prepared guacamole
- 1/3 cup crisp cooked bacon bits
- One lime – sliced into six wedges
- Warm the tortillas by wrapping in foil and placing in a 275⁰f oven
- In a large saute pan, preheat half of the butter and oil on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until all moisture evaporates and mushrooms begin to brown, approx. 3-5 minutes. Add butternut squash and saute until golden, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and sage and season with salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a separate pan, heat remaining butter and oil and fry eggs to your desired doneness. You may also scramble or poach the eggs.
- To assemble, place the warm tortillas on plates and spread the hash evenly between the 6 tortillas. Top each taco with a fried egg and a heaping tablespoon of guacamole.
- Top with crisp bacon and serve immediately with fresh lime wedges.
Plan your meals with Maria & Ricardo's