Chicken Taco Salad
Inspiration at your fingertips
- Salt, to taste
- 4 Maria and Ricardo’s® Original Tortillas (Burrito Size)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 3 fresh tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 jalapeño chili pepper, finely diced and with stems, ribs & seeds removed
- 1 Serrano chili pepper, finely diced and with stems, ribs & seeds removed
- Lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- Oregano, to taste (optional)
- Cumin, to taste (optional)
- Olive oil
- Combine tomatoes, cilantro, onion, black beans, jalapeno, serrano, and yellow peppers in a medium sized bowl. Stir together with lime juice.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with olive oil. Sprinkle chicken evenly with oregano, cumin, salt and black pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium high heat. Put Maria and Ricardo’s® tortilla on the skillet, and heat until slightly crispy. Repeat with remaining three. Set aside.
- To prepare salad, combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Serve over warm tortillas with salsa.
Plan your meals with Maria & Ricardo's