Gluten-Free Chicken & Chorizo Enchiladas (with Vegan Alternative)
Inspiration at your fingertips
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 dried ancho chilis
- 1/3 cup dried crushed pasilla peppers
- 5 oz sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/4 Tbsp canola or light olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs chorizo
- 2 chicken breasts, poached and shredded
- 8 Maria & Ricardo’s Quinoa Tortillas
- 11/2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Diced avocado, for garnish (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Make the enchilada sauce: In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, onion, chilis, peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, fire-roasted tomatoes, oregano, oil, broth and salt.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chorizo and chicken together until chorizo is cooked through. Add 1/3 of the enchilada sauce.
- Brush tortillas with remaining olive oil. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm tortillas on each side until lightly brown.
- Spoon filling into tortillas, roll up and place in a 9x13” baking pan. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook 30-35 minutes, then remove cover, top with Queso Fresco and bake until cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with cilantro and avocado. Serve with sour cream.
- Vegan version: Replace chorizo with 15 oz refried black beans and 20 oz meatless chicken. Top with vegan cheese shreds.
Plan your meals with Maria & Ricardo's