Inspiration at your fingertips
- 8 Pasture raised eggs
- 1 can of 15.5 oz. can of black beans rinsed under cold water
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion small
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 can of 14.5 oz. can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 of red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper with stem trimmed
- 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro (2 for salsa, 1 for garnish)
- 3 Limes (juice of 2 limes for salsa, 1 lime cut into 8 wedges for garnish)
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 avocados halved and sliced
- 8 teaspoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make salsa- place can of tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, juice of 2 limes, and a pinch of salt and pepper in blender or food processor and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Make beans- heat avocado oil in sauté pan, cook onions and garlic until opaque, add rinsed beans, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook eggs sunny side up in 2 batches- heat up 4 teaspoons of butter in a nonstick 12 inch skillet on medium heat, once melted and slightly bubbling lower heat and crack 4 eggs into the pan until whites are set season with salt and pepper. Wipe out pan and repeat with 4 more eggs.
- Heat up tortillas in a dry pan over medium heat 15 seconds per side.
- Assemble tortillas- place 2 tablespoons of black bean mixture in middle of tortilla, place egg on top of beans, place 1 tablespoon of salsa over eggs, and sprinkle feta cheese over top for garnish.
- Slice avocado and place on side of plate.
- Cut lime into wedges.
Plan your meals with Maria & Ricardo's