Instapot Jackfruit Carnitas
Inspiration at your fingertips
- 2 (20-oz) cans jackfruit, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro or basil, finely chopped
- 8 Maria & Ricardo’s Grain Free Veggie Cauliflower tortillas
- Shred jackfruit with hands, place in Instapot.
- Add 1/2 onion, garlic, jalapeno, orange juice and zest, lime juice and zest, tomato paste, cumin, oregano, chili powder, paprika, salt, soy sauce, chipotle peppers in adobo and veggie broth. Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes, natural release.
- In a medium bowl toss together mango, avocado, 1/2 purple onion and cilantro or basil.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Place tortillas in skillet for 30-45 seconds on each side, until warm and lightly browned.
- Serve jackfruit in tortillas, topped with mango salsa.
- For Instapot Pork Carnitas: swap jackfruit for 4 pounds of cubed pork butt, omit the soy sauce and add 1/2 cup additional vegetable broth. Cook on High Pressure for 60 minutes, natural release. Shred before serving.
Plan your meals with Maria & Ricardo's