Slow Cooked Carnitas
Inspiration at your fingertips
- 1 bag of Maria & Ricardo´s Whole Wheat Plus Tortillas
- 2 White Onions
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Jalapenos
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado
- SALSA: 4 Plum Tomatoes
- 1 handful of Cilantro
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 Habanero
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place pork in the slow cooker. Chopped if preferred.
- Season pork with oregano, cumin, chili cayenne powder, salt
- Add onions, garlic and jalapeños
- Squeeze oranges and add the orange skin as well
- Rubbing in thoroughly on all sides. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker and cut the meat into small pieces
- Keep the pork juicy adding some of the juices from the slow cooker.
- Warm up some Maria and Ricardo's USDA Organic Yellow Corn Tortillas on a comal or a large pan, 1 min each side.
- Prepare your taco and add avocado, chopped cilantro/onion and salsa Enjoy!
Plan your meals with Maria & Ricardo's