Spring Huevos Motulenos
Inspiration at your fingertips
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 ripe plantains, sliced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into 2” pieces
- 4 Maria and Ricardos Tortillas (any flavor)
- 1 cup refried black beans
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup salsa roja
- 1/4 cup Queso fresco
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Sprinkle plantains with sugar, cinnamon and salt. Fry in a medium skillet in 1 Tbsp hot oil until both sides are light golden brown. Transfer to a small plate, cover with aluminum foil.
- Return skillet to stove, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and heat to medium-high heat. Cook ham until golden brown, toss in peas and asparagus and cook until warm and bright green. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return skillet to stove over medium heat, brush tortillas on both sides with 1 Tbsp oil. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Place each on a small salad plate.
- Heat refried black beans and lime juice in skillet. Spread atop each tortilla.
- Top with plantains and ham mixture.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to pan and fry eggs over easy. Transfer atop each tortilla.
- Drizzle with salsa roja, top with crumbled queso fresco and parsley or cilantro for garnish.
Plan your meals with Maria & Ricardo's