Vegetarian Tortilla Salad (Mexico)
Inspiration at your fingertips
- 4 Maria and Ricardo’s® Original Tortillas (Soft Taco Size)
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (15 ounce size)
- 2 cups frozen or canned whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 4 green onions, cleaned; trimmed and sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, rinsed; trimmed and sliced into wedges
- 2 Haas avocados, peeled; pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed and shaken dry
- 1/4 lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 12 ounces Romaine hearts, rinsed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese, (4 Cheese Mexican Blend recommended)
- In a large bowl, combine red onion, kidney beans, corn, green onions, tomatoes, avocados, cilantro, lime juice, pepper, cumin and garlic. Toss to incorporate. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Right before you are ready to serve, preheat oven to 350º F. Place Maria and Ricardo’s® Original Tortilla on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove bowl from the refrigerator and add lettuce and shredded cheese to the bowl; toss well.
- Divided salad equally among serving plates. Cut heated tortillas into thin strips and place on top of salad. Serve.
Plan your meals with Maria & Ricardo's
1 - 5
No matching reviews found.